Diet: Protein, Carbohydrate & Fat-rich Foods
After a short overview of the therapies or interventions that are possible in anti-aging or lifespan medicine, the focus is put on the diet, the basis of the pyramid of these therapies.
The video delivers information on healthy and unhealthy foods rich in macronutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Consuming the best types of them makes a huge health difference and equilibrate diet.
The following foods are discussed, illustrated with pictures, and abundant scientific research with graphics:
- Protein-rich foods:
- The healthiest ones: are meat, fish, and poultry.
- Unhealthy foods rich in proteins: Any protein-rich food cooked at a high temperature (> 85 Â°C or 185Â°F) or in fat (oil or butter), milk products (extensive information on the milk “paradox,” the controversy between milk promotion by the food industry and government and the adverse effects of them reported by scientific research).
- Carbohydrate-rich foods:
- Healthy: Organic fruits (in particular with low sugar content), vegetables, fiber (but the fiber in cereals is not recommended), sprouted grains.
- Unhealthy: Sugar, sweets such as chocolate, soft drinks, not-sprouted grains or cereals such as bread, pasta, muesli, porridge, biscuits, cakes, or any carbohydrate-rich foods containing traces of pesticides
- Fat-rich foods:
- Healthy fats, including foods rich in unprocessed cholesterol and omega-3
- Unhealthy ones: Those containing trans fatty acids, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and other fats due to overcooking, and oxidation in the open air.
Gain basic and scientific insight into which macronutrients to recommend to patients and how they should be prepared to diet. Fundamental knowledge is to be mastered by the physician and applied by patients in their diet for full efficacy of the anti- or pro-aging medical treatments.
- Healthy carbohydrates fruits, vegetables
- Grains cereals the controversial – bread, pasta, muesli adverse health effects
- Sprouted grains, the only edible grains
- Fibre, its effects on hormones
- Healthy and unhealthy fats, including cholesterol, omega-3, and trans fatty acids
- The cholesterol paradox, safer fat than we think
- Healthy proteins meat fish poultry
- Unhealthy proteins created in high-temperature cooking
- The milk paradox Thierry Souccar
- Milk products have adverse effects on health or not
- ABC of Lifespan or anti-aging medicine a review
Choose the best health-stimulating macronutrients