This enlightening video lecture offers precious insight in efficient treatments of sexual dysfunction in women by correcting hormone deficiencies with hormone supplements.
Crucial information is provided on the hormones that trigger and enhance sexual desire in women. Testosterone is the most potent one and usually constitutes the most potent treatment to improve libido in women to think of. However, in order to avoid virilizing side effects n women, transdermal estradiol and progesterone need to be administered simultaneously to testosterone. Estradiol may also further improve libido in women, whereas progesterone reduces sexual desire in women. DHEA has good effects on libido, better than in men but much less than testosterone and it takes a more time – 2-4 months – before full efficacy is obtained. Oxytocin increases romantic feelings, thereby also improving libido. Other hormones and hormone therapies that may alos improve sexual desire are thyroid and cortisol. Cortisol gives the energy to make the steps to get in movement and express sexual desire. Thyroid hormones increase production of libido-enhancing hormones, such as testosterone, DHEA and oxytocin. Hyperthyroidism reduces libido and may cause sexual dysfunction in women.
In women, the 2 major hormone therapies that increase the frequency and intensity of orgasm are oxytocin and dihydrotestosterone.
To increase fertility in women, thyroid and growth hormone may help. Also, high levels of estradiol in the follicular phase (preovulatory peak) and high levels of progesterone in the luteal phase may optimize ovulation and fertility.
The observational studies and randomized controlled trials showing these links and the efficacy of hormone therapies in the various sexual and fertility disorders are shown with practical tips to apply in practice.
This session is rich in pictures and scientific data.
Content is one video of 2h17, a PDF presentation file, a PDF references on:
- The 4 major hormone therapies that improve libido in women:
- Other hormone therapies that may improve sexual desire in women: thyroid, cortisol
- Hormone excesses that may cause or increase sexual dysfunction, including low libido, in women: hyperthyroidism, progesterone excess, etc.
- The 3 major hormone therapies that may increase orgasm in women
- The 4 major hormone therapies that may increase female fertility (ovulation, …) in women
- Estradiol (in the follicular phase)
- Growth hormone
- Progesterone (to keep a pregnancy)
- The scientific studies
- Practical tips, doses
Transmission of knowledge on which hormone deficiencies may facilitate or even cause sexual disorders in women, and how hormone supplementations may restore sexual function.
- The physician should have learned to detect the hormone deficit(s) that cause or increase sexual dysfunction in women.
- The physician should have learned to differentiate clinically (symptomatically) which hormone deficiency is behind female sexual dysfunction by recognizing other signs and symptoms of the causative hormone deficiency and by laboratory tests.
- The physician should have learned how to treat the hormone deficiency and even be able to finetune the doses to the needs and degree of sexual dysfunction of the female patient.
- The physician should get to know the scientific studies that support this information, including double-blind placebo-controlled trials.
- online video course
- available 24/7 in your private account
- view or download slides
- auto enrollment
- one time fee
- secure payment