This fascinating video lecture offers new insight into the treatment of depressive disorders by correcting hormone deficiencies with hormone supplements, an approach that may replace and even exceed in efficacy of traditional antidepressants by treating the (hormone) cause and not only the consequence of depression, and this with less risk of side effects.
Among the depressive disorders classified in the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition) that are reviewed here are the depressive disorders due to hormone deficits, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, major depressive disorder (including major depressive episodes), persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia). In addition, depressive disorders with specifiers such as premenstrual or peripartum onset, seasonal pattern, and catatonia, are also discussed with their hormone therapy aids or solutions.
Abundant scientific data are reviewed for the 5 major hormone therapies that reduce depressive disorders, such as thyroid, estrogens, testosterone, GH, and cortisol. For each of these hormones, the following is specified:
- what type of depression they provide (how severely and when they impact the patient’s mind and body)
- the evidence that shows that low levels of these hormones are associated with significant increases in depressive symptoms
- the evidence of the presence of lower levels of these hormones in depressive disorders
- and the mood enhancement that may be obtained with supplementation with these hormones.
Also, strong data and practical information are provided for other hormone therapies that may reduce depression, such as DHEA, melatonin, and oxytocin.
Useful information is given on the hormone excesses that may trigger or increase anxiety, such as hyperthyroidism, progesterone excess, etc.
Finally, information is provided on which spiritual uneasiness may promote the occurrence of depressive disorders and how spiritual readjustment may also contribute to restoring a good mood.
- online video course
- available 24/7 in your private account
- view or download slides
- auto enrollment
- one time fee
- secure payment